Monday, February 21, 2011

DOHA, QATAR...THE NEXT DUBAI

On my travels and journey through time and life itself, I find myself in a frenzy of emotion, on a roller coaster of meeting new faces, seeing new things I could only conjure up in a dream, and consumed with work, family, friends, and emotion... I keep calm and carry on. In my latest adventure, while visiting a couple hot spots, I find myself in Doha, Qatar. Truly a jem situated in the middle east, I am once again left in awe as it was my 3rd visit and defiantly not my last. Words can not express the potential, motivation, and inspiration this place exudes.


As one stares out onto the booming skyline it almost feels like a dream or fantasy that is becoming real and unfolding in front of you. Imagination that is turning to actual fact and tangible reality without any limitation or boundaries. QATAR has a bright future and with it GIANTTO is shining bright like the sun.



One of the many mulit-billion dollar projects Qatar is spearheading is the man made island called the Pearl. I was fortunate enough to take a tour of this jaw dropping structure and saw phase 1 that consisted of Ferrari dealerships, and Rolls Royce dealerships, along with all name brand clothing stores, restaurants, and a harbour that boasts a number of multi million dollar yachts parked beside it like something out of a movie.

Lastly, 2022 is a huge year in the making for Doha. FIFA just announced that the world cup will be in Qatar and the entire pace is planning around this from now. New hotels are going up, new buildings like the Zig Zag towers that are these huge Zig Zag shaped buildings that look like they are moving or about to fall and one of the most impressive architectural sites that I have EVER seen. They are even building a new and truly one of a kind field just for the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment